Your California Privacy Rights
California residents with an established business relationship with us are permitted by California law once a year to request information about the manner in which we shared certain categories of information with others for their marketing purposes during the prior calendar year.
We may share your personal information with others for their marketing use unless you tell us not to. To opt-out please email our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Californian Resident – Opt-Out Request” and your opt-out request. Please ensure that your request includes information that allows us to reasonably verify your identity (that you are the person about whom we collected personal information). We will not share your information after we have received and processed your opt-out.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Verified California residents have the right to:
- request and receive disclosure of our information collection practices during the prior 12 months, including the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources of such information, our business purpose for collecting or sharing such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information;
- request and receive disclosure of our information sharing practices during the prior 12 months, including a list of the categories of personal information sold with the category of third-party recipients and a list of the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose;
- request and receive a copy of the specific personal information we have collected about them during the prior 12 months;
- request that we not sell personal information about them; and
- request that we delete (and direct our service providers to delete) their personal information subject to certain exceptions.
For purposes of the CCPA personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household.
The CCPA rights described above do not apply to information collected in the employment context about our current, former or prospective employees or contractors (who receive separate disclosures under the CCPA) or to information collected about California business contacts (employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of companies, sole proprietorships, and other entities collected in the context of conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from, such companies, sole proprietorships, or entities). California business contacts have the right to tell us not to sell their information; please see below for how to exercise this right.
Information collected, sources, and business purpose for collecting information. During the past 12 months we may have collected the following categories of personal information. This includes information that individuals provide to us directly, information we collect from automatically through the website, information that we collect when individuals interact with us such as through online postings, and information that we may collect from third parties such as service providers, affiliated companies, marketing, staffing, or data partners, or other third parties. It also includes information that we collect about employees and business partners and vendors from those individuals directly or from references, referrals or consumer reporting agencies. Not all information is collected from everyone who interacts with us. Information we collect is used for the business purposes described above in “How do we use information”.
- Identifiers such as contact information (name, address, phone number, email or postal address), unique personal identifiers (that may include but are not limited to a legal name or preferred alias and online identifiers like user account names), and an encrypted version of your password. We may collect additional information from suppliers, vendors, or employees including business contact information, phone number, email and postal addresses and titles.
- Sensitive information such as financial and payment information like credit or debit card information, or PayPal account email address.
- Commercial information such as transaction histories, billing and shipping information, and product preferences.
- Inferences we make about individuals or their interests based on analysis of other information we have collected.
- Geolocation information.
- Audio or video information such as call centre recordings or monitoring records from our customer support centres and security video recordings at our facilities.
- Employment, education and professional related information, protected classification information, biometrics (collected from current and prospective employees, contractors, service providers, vendors and suppliers).
- Other types of personal information that we may disclose to you prior to the point of first collection.
Exercising your CCPA rights. To make a request for disclosure California residents may contact us by calling us at +(844) 702-5327 or emailing us at email@example.com. We will ask you for information that allows us to reasonably verify your identity (that you are the person about whom we collected personal information) and will use that information only for that purpose. We may request that you submit a signed statement under penalty of perjury that you are the individual you claim to be. We will acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 days and will endeavour to respond within forty-five days of receipt of your request, but if we require more time (up to an additional forty-five days) we will notify you of our need for additional time. For requests that we not sell your information we will comply with your request within 15 business days. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity and confirm that the personal information relates to you.
You may make a request for disclosure of our information collection practices, the specific information we collected about you, or our information sharing practices up to twice within a 12-month period. You may make a request that we not sell information or for deletion of your information at any time.
For requests for a copy of the personal information we have collected during the 12 months prior to your request we will endeavour to provide the information in a format that is readily useable, including by mailing you a paper copy or providing an electronic copy to your registered account, if you have registered an account with us.
For requests for deletion of your information please understand that California law permits us to retain certain information and not to delete it under certain circumstances. By way of example, we are not required to comply with a request to delete information if the information is necessary for us to complete a transaction for you or otherwise perform a contract; to detect, protect against, or prosecute security incidents, fraud or illegal activity; to use the information only internally in ways reasonably aligned with your expectations as our customer (such as maintaining sales records), and to comply with legal obligations. If we receive such a request from you, we will notify any service providers we have engaged to delete your information as well.
We will not discriminate against you as a result of your exercise of any of these rights.
Using an Authorized Agent. You may submit a request through someone holding a formal Power of Attorney. Otherwise, you may submit a request using an authorized agent only if (1) the person is registered with the Secretary of State to do business in California, (2) you provide the authorized agent with signed written permission to make a request, (3) you verify directly with us that you have authorize the person to make the request on your behalf, (4) you verify your own identity directly with us and (5) your agent provides us with proof that they are so authorized. We will require the agent to submit proof to us that they have been authorized to make requests on your behalf.
Personal information sales opt-out and opt-in rights. We do not sell your information for monetary consideration but we may transfer your information to a third party that provides us with services such as helping us with advertising, data analysis and security, which may fall under the definition of for “other valuable consideration” which may be considered a ‘sale’ under the CCPA. During the past 12 months we disclosed select which of the following categories were disclosed: identifiers, electronic network activity, commercial information, sensitive information, protected classification information, geolocation, biometrics, education or professional information, audio or video information, inferences from collected information with third parties such as advertising and analytics providers for a business purpose which falls within the definition of a ‘sale’. If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of individuals we know are less than 16 years of age. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorised representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following page: Do Not Sell My Personal Information or calling us at +(844) 702-5327. Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorise personal information sales.